6/13/07

15 years today...

Today makes 15 years since my brother-in-law had his transplant. When he was 7 months old he had a liver transplant at the University of Nebraska in Omaha, and thankfully has been doing great since. He will have to take anti-rejection drugs for the rest of his life, and there are a long list of things he can't eat, but he's here, doing well, and is a typical 15 year old boy. I can't even imagine what my inlaws were going through while watching him in the hospital, and knowing that there might not be anything they could do to save him. Even though I didn't know them at the time, I'm extrememly grateful that he is doing well now, and adore having him as my brother-in-law. He annoys the crap out of me at times, but as long as he's here, I don't mind. :D

They are coming up here tonight to take him to Bass Pro Shop, and then on Friday we're going out to eat. And I'm going to do everything in my power to be there for both of them - because after all, 15 years ago we didn't think he'd be here.

No comments: