6/21/07

Little things that make me happy...

There are lots of little things that have happened in the past few days that make me very happy.

Shoes! I found the coolest shoes online today. I don't have $102 to buy them, but oh how I want them! So pretty! The are from www.endless.com. This site has some of the coolest shoes I've ever seen. Not that I have any money, because I'm flat broke, but I still love looking and dreaming. I told hubby today that sites like this are the reason we don't have money - God knows that if we had money I'd own more pairs of shoes than I could wear in my lifetime.

Wee One's favorite book is Mouse Cookies and More: A Treasury and she insists on reading it all the time. Last night we started reading and it went like this:
Me: If you give a mouse a...
Wee One: COOKIE!
M: He'll probably ask for some...
W: MILK!
M: And if you give him some milk...
W: He ask pour a STRAW!
...and on and on through If you Give a Mouse a Cookie, If you give a Pig a Pancake, If you Give a Moose a Muffin and If you Take a Mouse to School. The funniest part is in If you Give a Mouse a Cookie when he wants to hang his drawing on your refrigerator, she screams out that he'll need "SCOTCH TAPE!!!" It's so sweet to listen to her "read" it with me.

I have a ton of work that I'm doing right now - all freelance stuff - and it's been so much fun. I actually love what I get to do, and lately have gotten some really great people to work with. And to top it off, I got an Amazon gift card from one of the people this week (thank you if you're reading! :D) How awesome is that? I get to do what I love, work with great people, and get cool gifts. I love my job.

And the best thing of all...
I've lost 9 POUNDS since Christmas! I'm SO excited. I had 22 that I needed to lose, so now I'm down to only needing to get rid of 13 more. And even better - around Christmas I bought this belt - it has 5 notches on it. When I bought it I barely got it to the second one. Now it's on the last, and my pants are still loose. I think it's almost time to go clothes shopping!

No comments: