12/21/09

He knows if you've been bad or good...

Cadence believes in Santa, but up until a few days ago, she just assumed since she was so cute that she was automatically on the nice list. I think she started getting a little worried when we actually saw Santa on Friday, but it really hit home last night.

She's been acting like a little snot the past few days, and nothing seems to be making a difference. We've told her she's on the naughty list for acting like she's been, but she didn't really believe us. Last night I saw on the news (Thank you, NBC Nightly News!) something about an app for an iPhone that says whether you are naughty or nice, so I downloaded it. It asks you some questions at the beginning, and after playing with it a minute, I figured out how to rig it. I asked her if she wanted to see which list she was on, and she was absolutely devastated when it came up "Naughty." She refused to believe it, wanted to try again, and almost broke into tears when it again said Naughty. She insisted I try it because I "have been mean all day!" and was shocked that I was nice. We got Aunt Caroline to try it, and she was nice as well.

At this point Cadence stomped into the other room, almost crying, and refused to talk to anyone. I went in a few minutes later and she screamed, "I don't want to talk to you, NICE GIRL!!!" She didn't want to eat, and I finally had to get her Daddy to go talk to her so that she would come out. She moped around for a long time, telling everyone that she was on the naughty list, and was so upset.

Finally, after not eating and not talking and not being herself, I decided that maybe she had been through enough torture and we tried it again. That time it came up nice, and she was SO excited. I told her that she had to keep acting nice so she'd stay on the nice list, and she was wonderful for the rest of the night. This morning the snottiness started again, but one mention of the list and she straightened up. I'm just hoping that this still works in July!

And here are the pictures of her and Santa, and some others that are just plain cute!
Photobucket

Photobucket

This is my favorite
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket