9/3/10

Big Sister Class

Last Saturday, the hospital I'll be delivering at had a class for siblings-to-be. It was free, and Cadence was SO excited to get to go. They let them watch a video, practice putting diapers on baby dolls, took them on a tour of Labor & Delivery, the nursery and the recovery rooms, and gave them a ton of goodies. She came out with a shirt, a bracelet, a certificate and a coloring book and colors. She loved getting to see the hospital (and commented that the statue of St. Dominic in the lobby was God), and even though I thought it was impossible, I'm pretty sure she's even more excited now than she was before!

Photobucket
With her certificate

Photobucket
her and some of the other "Big Sisters"

Photobucket

Photobucket
Investigating the L&D room

Photobucket
Checking out the view from the recovery rooms

Photobucket
Seeing a 4lb baby in the nursery. I'm glad she was able to see her, because I think it brought home the conversations we've been having on why our baby doesn't need to be here yet, and needs to stay in my tummy awhile longer. She was sweet, but SO tiny!

Photobucket
With her new shirt (that's she's worn to bed almost every night)

Photobucket
Her "Big Sister" bracelet

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Things I'm thankful for:
1) Cadence's excitement
2) Hugs and kisses to my belly
3) Conversations that she's already having with the baby
4) The big helper that she is

No comments: