9/2/10

30 Weeks - We have a Cabbage!

30 Weeks

Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

Wow, what a week the last one has been. I’m still dealing with the sinus crud, and last week was pretty much hell on earth. I had been getting severe sinus headaches - to the point of making me nauseous - and by last Thursday spent more time puking in my garbage can in my office than actually working. I went in to the doctor on Friday to see if they could fix me, and discovered that my blood pressure was elevated (141/82.) He took me off of all the sinus medicine, put me on a blood pressure medicine and then gave me oxycodone to take every 4 hours for the headaches. I still have the sinus crud, and have been treating it with fluids, warm showers and a humidifier at night, but that’s about all I can do at the moment. The headaches are S-L-O-W-L-Y getting better (even though I’m still throwing up in the shower every morning from the sinus drainage), but I’m going to talk to them at my appointment today about maybe a decadron shot or something. I figure that has to be better than oxycodone every 4 hours!

And on a funny note, I’ve been taking just one of the pills, even though the bottle says I can have two. On Tuesday, I decided to take two since the headaches were coming back before the 4 hours. Well, that was a BAD move! I was high as a kite for over 2 hours! I went to lunch with my friend Rhonda, and she laughed at me the entire time. I couldn’t complete sentences, couldn’t complete a coherent thought, kept wanting to fall asleep, and was just out of it. I’ve decided that I’ll deal with the headaches, because 2 of them is WAY too much for me to take!

We leave tomorrow for TX, and I can’t wait! I’m so excited about seeing my family over there, and just as excited about getting actual baby stuff to bring home! It’s hard to believe that it’s getting so close. I also might be having a shower here at work soon, but I have no idea when. It started as one for me, then turned into one for me and one other person, and now that girl has been put on bedrest. She’s due early October, and has already been told she won’t make it that far. I don’t know what’s going to happen with the shower yet, but maybe I’ll know something soon.

And yesterday, Cadence finally REALLY got to feel the baby move. It was amazing to watch the look on her face when she realized that was her, and she was so excited. At one point, she was laying on the couch beside me, and put her head on my stomach. She had just complained about not being about to feel the baby, when the baby decided to kick her - right in the cheek. The look on Cadence’s face was priceless!

I have my latest check up today, and after this I start going every two weeks. I can’t believe it’s getting so close! And here’s some video I finally got of my belly moving. She starts this about 5am, and doesn’t stop until sometime around midnight.



________________________________
Things I’m thankful for:
1) Heavy drugs
2) Family and free baby stuff
3) Cadence getting to feel her kick
4) 30 (mostly) uneventful weeks
5) A healthy, growing, active baby

No comments: