8/19/10

28 Weeks - We have a Chinese Cabbage!

28 Weeks
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

So, the waddling has begun. Today was the first day that I really don’t feel like I have any control over it, and feel like a toddler! I thought I was doing ok, but had two different people comment on it first thing this morning, so I gave up trying to be discreet. You know what? I’m huge and pregnant! Everyone here knows it, so they’ll just have to deal with me waddling up and down the halls, too!

I also broke down and went to the doctor yesterday about the sinus crud that won’t go away. They had told me they would give me a decadron shot if I came in, but when I got there they couldn’t. One of my ears is red and my lymph nodes are swollen, so they called in a z-pac instead. They also told me to stop taking Sudafed, and instead take Mucinex to help with the sinus headaches. I’ve tried to stay really hydrated, and have been sleeping a lot the past two days. It’s the only time my head doesn’t hurt. I’m hoping I feel like a new person tomorrow, because if not, I’m calling them back and begging for the shot.

Upside to going in yesterday was that my blood pressure is great (106/73), I haven’t gained any weight in the last two weeks (which is good since I was up 10 pounds at my last appointment!), and I got to hear her heartbeat. I’ll never turn down that opportunity, and it was definitely the highlight of my day.

I’ve now reached the point that it hurts to breathe, hurts to sleep, and nothing tastes right. Nothing sounds good to eat, so I’ve been eating just because I know I need the nutrition. Also, anything I eat makes me have to live off Tums, so that’s making everything even less appetizing than it was before. I’m sure that the sinsus crud has something to do with it, but I can almost guarantee that stupid pregnancy hormones are playing a part, too.

I have my next appointment in 2 weeks, then go to TX the week after that. I’m so excited, and can’t wait to actually have baby stuff at my house!!

_________________________________
Things I’m thankful for:
1) Baby heartbeats
2) Baby stuff!
3) Mucinex (if it will kick in)
4) Decadron shots (if it doesn’t)
5) Good check ups

No comments: