5/9/12

4 weeks to go...

I had my 36 week appointment today, and everything is looking good. My blood pressure is good, her heartrate was strong, no signs yet of labor, and I'm now officially on weekly visits until she arrives. I also found out that my Group B Strep test came back negative, but since I was positive with both of the other girls, there's a chance I may get antibiotics anyway as a precaution. I start checks next week, and was told that if I was "easily induceable" at any point after that and want her here, they'll induce me. I'm going to try and hold out until at least June 1 (39 weeks), but at that point, I don't think I'd turn an induction down!

I've spent the last few days trying to get things ready. At work, I've talked to them about vacation time, maternity leave and insurance, and I also have the major list started for the guy that's going to be filling in for me. As far as the room, it's to the point I hope to start painting tomorrow night. Over the weekend we got all the trash and donated items out, both dressers are ready (one even has clothes!), and got most of the items put away that we are keeping, but don't need to stay in there. Today I got the carpet shampooed and the desk finished and pictures on craigslist for it. We're now down to painting, arranging furniture and toys, and then fixing the ceiling and ceiling fan when my dad is here this weekend. I also need to wash and put away Baby Girl's clothes, but hopefully we can get Amelia in there before that has to be completed. It's actually looking like a real room, and I can't wait to get her settled.

Cadence is almost finished with school, and the next two weeks are going to be so busy. This week she has Field Day on Friday, and next week is Awards Day. We also have Girl Scout meetings, a bake sale, her Bridging Ceremony then Memorial Day. I also have weekly doctor's appointments, and a shower for Stacey that I work with. At least I'll have a ton of things to keep me busy until Baby Girl gets here!

2 comments:

robin said...

It's great that she'll be born in the summer (fewer things to do.) I had my first daughter in the summer (between semesters of college) and it was so much easier than my second (hated getting up to take the older one to school each morning!) Can't believe it's getting SO close!! Glad you had a great appointment!

JAMR said...

I'm so excited for you! Great news that all is well, can't wait for her arrival!