- Running 3 miles with other people is MUCH harder than running 3 miles at the park across the street. Especially when that 3 miles includes the hills by LeFleurs Bluff.
- It's different when you don't have the option to go home at every half mile lap.
- "Don't try to keep up with the Jones'" also applies to running. If you normally run 13 minute miles on a good day, don't try to keep up with guy that finished the 5K in 17 minutes. It's not going to turn out well - for you, at least.
- The people that stand on the sides and cheer are saints and deserve medals. And to the guy that gave me the pep talk and high five as I turned back on to Lakeland, thank you! I'm not sure you realize how much I needed that!
- Power walkers are FAST! I won't comment on how many passed me!
- Runners are amazing people. The comments and encouragement I received from those that had already finished as I came in (and almost last, at that) was unbelievable.
I ended with a time of 40:38, and somewhere around 40 was my goal. It was definitely a sobering experience, but I'm so glad I did it!