6/27/11

I'm not sure who is more upset

My mom's church is having VBS this week, and Cadence left with them last night to go spend a week with MamMaw, Aunt Sarah and possibly, Aunt Cecily (if she ever decides to come home from Florida!) I think this is the first time Cadence has been away from Amelia for more than a night or two, and she was getting emotional last night. And during the day yesterday, she kept going back and forth on whether she wanted to go or not, and it had nothing to do with me or her dad. She did decide to go, but last night when she called, she made me promise that I'd tell Amelia that she loved her as soon as she woke up.

Amelia seemed fine last night, but was acting a little weird this morning, and I'm sure will be even weirder this afternoon. She adores her big sissy, and plays with her all the time. Usually, they are attached to each other, so it's going to be so weird only having one with me for the week. I know it's going to be weird for them, too. Hopefully it will go quickly - for all of us.

____________________________
Things I'm thankful for:
1) That my girls adore each other
2) That Cadence is so loving to her sister, even when she's not to anyone else
3) Family that's close and doesn't mind kiddos for a week
4) A church that loves Cadence just as much as they love my mom and sisters, and consider her family, too.
5) Time to spend just with Amelia

No comments: