3/2/10

Run From The Sun 5K

Months and months ago, when I was still getting up and running every morning, I was “invited” to participate in the Run From The Sun 5K (which means, one of the people sponsoring it told me about it as an incentive to keep me running. ;) ) It’s for a wonderful cause, and it’s an afternoon run (which is great since I’m definitely not a morning person.) If you are in my area, please consider helping out.  Anyway, I stopped running around September, and kept telling myself that I would start up again and would still participate in that run. Well, it’s 5 weeks away. And I’m still not running.

I went online and downloaded the form today, and I WILL be there. I might do even worse than I did back in September, but I WILL run this race! I will probably be dead after the next 5 weeks, but as of now, training has began! There’s another 5K at the church a month after, and I hope to participate in it as well. Wish me luck, and pray I don’t die!

_______________________________
Things I'm thankful for:
1) That I have the ability to work out and run
2) Living in an area where I have a variety of things to do
3) Medical research
4) Goals to push me to be healthier
5) My iPhone and Nike+ software

No comments: