7/21/11

Book 2/10: Palm Trees on the Hudson: A True Story of the Mob, Judy Garland & Interior Decorating by Elliot Tiber

I know that I said The Dashwood Sisters Tell All was next, but I was looking through the free books for my Kindle app, and came across this title. Any book that has a bright pink and purple cover and deals with the mob, interior decorating *AND* Judy Garland is one that I have to pick up, even if it’s just for the absurdness of it all.

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. It’s a really easy read, and he does a great job describing NYC in the 60’s. His descriptions of the nightlife, the outlandishness, and the art scene are awesome. I also felt a little sorry for him through part of it, because I saw the mob stuff coming a mile away, and hated for him that he didn’t. I enjoyed it, and it was a complete 180 from Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart. Overall, a fun time, and I give it 4 books.

Next up, The Dashwood Sisters Tell All (for reals this time!)

No comments: