7/11/11

Is that a light or a train at the end of my tunnel??

This past week has been something. I was very excited last Friday, because Mike got his first full paycheck, and things should have been better last week and this week. I was wrong. Because of time, I will bullet point for you the things that have happened in the last week.
  • Got his paycheck, and paid all our bills (including car insurance and car tag.) However, forgot to write my car tag down in the checkbook, and didn’t notice it until Monday. And we spend money over the weekend.
  • Mike’s computer decided to crash and burn, and we thought it was the power supply. Went to Best Buy over last weekend to get a new one, only to get home and discover that it WASN’T the power supply. We figured it out and fixed it (for free!!), but had to wait on the money to be returned to our account.
  • Still having problems with Comcast, though not as bad.
  • After realizing that I forgot to write down my car tag, and stuff would probably bounce, had to borrow money from my sister to add to the money in my savings so that my account was back in the black when mortgage came out on Monday (today) (Thank you, Sarah!)
  • Took Amelia to the ENT on Thursday, and found out that she needs tubes. Not that bad, except it’s going to cost $700 out of pocket. They have been postponed until September or October.
  • On Friday, went to transfer all the money out of my savings account, and accidentally transferred it INTO savings. Also went to put the money in from Sarah and got there right as they closed and the lady wouldn’t help me. Had to put the money in the night deposit and try and fix the transfer so that it cleared over the weekend.
  • Saturday, I was supposed to take pictures at a wedding (doing it as a favor for my mom’s best friend), and meeting the girl at 8. Finally got to where she was about 8:30 because she didn’t meet me like she said, then I sat around in the nastiest “salon” ever for three hours watching her get her hair done.
  • While waiting at the “salon,” I checked my bank account and saw that my mortgage came out Saturday instead of today. Had to make some phone calls to my bank to keep it from bouncing. We got it taken care of, but it will cost me a $5 service fee. Stupid bank.
  • The wedding reminded me why I don’t do them anymore, and after 8 hours, I finally left. The best part? The bride didn’t tell her parents that she had agreed to pay me, so no one had money for me. Thankfully my mom gave me gas money to get home, and the bride’s mom (my mom’s friend) is supposed to be mailing me a check. Apparently everyone thought I was going to drive an hour and a half, leave my two small children all day, and work my tail off taking pictures of the most uncooperative bride ever, all for free. I don’t think so.
  • Yesterday morning, I got online to check on my newly arrived cell phone bill. It’s messed up. And when I called about it, I was told it was a computer glitch, and they’ll give me a call after the billing cycle to make sure it’s fixed. Lovely.
  • And the kicker, as I’m fixing breakfast yesterday, my stove made this awesome electrical buzzing sound, then black smoke started pouring out from behind it. The connectors right behind the oven selection knob melted and shorted out. Mike was able to unhook those and take care of them so that I can still use the eyes, but I don’t have an oven. Looks like we’ll be buying a new one this weekend when he gets paid again. 
  • No birthday cake on Saturday. :( We don't have the money to order one, and my oven has crapped out, so I can't make it myself.

And this is on top of the fact that after I bought groceries and realized we had beyond no money, I found out that the babysitter needs diapers and the cat doesn’t have food, and there are a few other little things we need around the house before this Friday. I hope this all ends soon, because Mike and I are both almost to our breaking point. I just keep telling myself that Saturday is my birthday, and I get to go to the movies to see Winnie-the-Pooh Friday night with Sarah and Cadence and Amelia (that’s my birthday present from Sarah.)

It’s gotta get better, right?

______________________________
Things I'm thankful for:
1) We're all safe and healthy
2) Even when I realized we were beyond broke, bills were paid and we had food
3) It might take a month or two, but things WILL be better
4) My birthday is Saturday!!
5) I get to see one of my favorite childhood movies with my two girls.

2 comments:

Kahla said...

(((HUGS))) Being a grown up sucks sometimes, doesn't it??? I keep telling myself to just take it one day at a time. Bills will get paid, just maybe not as quickly as they should. If I were closer, I'd get you a cake for your birthday and then I'd even eat it with you! <3 Hang in there, <3 ya! (Oh on the tubes, see if they'll take payment plans. This is so wrong, but they told us we could do half now and half the next month. I paid the half and 6 months later am still working on the other half... gotta do what you gotta do)

ComcastCares1 said...

Looks like you had a busy week! :)

I know how you feel about finances. I agree with Kahla, being grown up is a challenge every day. Don’t you wish we can be 10 -15 years younger with bank accounts that never runs out of money? :)

Anyway, I decided to post because you mentioned that you are having problems with Comcast. I work for Comcast. If you need my help, let me know.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_can_help@cable.comcast.com