3/12/07

Parties, talking and basketball

Well, we’re back from our trip to Houston. I love going out there to see family. I really don’t get to see them often enough, and wish we lived closer than 7 hours away. My youngest sister was a huge help on the drive there and back, and I loved getting to spend all weekend with her. She was a tremendous help with Wee One, and managed to keep me awake and alert on the drive there and back.

The birthday party was amazing. It was held at a place called Pump It Up, and had to have been the most fun I’ve had in a very long time. The place was full of huge inflatables, and they were even big enough for the adults to get into! Wee One and I had a blast going through everything there, and I was exhausted when we left. But for some strange reason, Wee One was still going strong - even after almost an hour and a half of playing. She stayed awake all the way back to my cousin’s house, and then I had to *make* her lay down with me to take a nap. It was unbelievable!

I also discovered this weekend that she talks a lot more than I thought she did. I love getting to see her with C (just turned two - 4 months after Wee One) and M (turned two in December - a month and a half after Wee One.) C doesn’t talk a lot. He *can* talk, and when he does it’s really clear, but he doesn’t say anything unless it’s important. He just isn’t a talker. M talks a lot, but most of it is repeating what others say. She’s clearer than Wee One, but doesn’t do as much spontaneous talking. Wee One, on the other hand, Talks. Non. Stop. She never shuts up. All the way to TX I heard “Momma, what color dis? IT’S WED!! Momma, what color dat truck? IT’S BWACK!! Momma, I see bawoons! Orange. Gween. Ellow. See bawoons Momma? BAWOONS!!! I see cwouds Momma! White cwouds! Up in de sky! The white cwouds up inde sky, Momma!” All the way there. The child would not stop talking! And she does this everywhere we go. She knows her colors, so she has to tell me the color of everything. And she knows her numbers, so she’s constantly counting everything she sees.It’s great, and I’m glad she picked up colors and numbers so quickly, but my goodness! Please stop!!

Hubby and I went to see 300 last night. It’s gory and violent, but a great movie. Filmed very well, the story was amazing, and the special effects were awesome. The only problem I had was that a couple brought their three small children in there, and they were probably about 3, 5 and 7. This was definitely not a movie for children. Lots of sex, nudity and violence, not to mention blood and battles and people getting pushed off cliffs and decapitated. I *might* would consider taking a 10-12 yr old to see it, but there’s no way I would take children as young as these. They were great during the movie - didn’t make a sound - but I knew they were there and felt so bad. I’m sure at least one of them was up last night with nightmares.

On a happier note, I found out that my middle sister is getting to go to the NCAA championships with the college team she’s a manager for. They are an extremely small school, and this is a huge accomplishment for them. I wish them and the men’s team the best of luck, and hope their winning streak continues!

No comments: