3/21/07

PWNED!

You know, I just love it when people get what they had coming to them. It makes my day - esp when It’s something I wanted to say/do and couldn’t for whatever reason.

As soon as I walked in the door this morning, the salespeople stopped me to complain about the cover to the Senior Lifestyles tab that we ran this week. It was definitely not a normal cover, but I thought it was nice, and so did the other designer. And I think I have fairly good tastes about this kind of thing - the last tab cover that I liked that they actually used won first place in the statewide Press Association contest. So we got told that it “looks like shit,” “is too plain” and “the crappiest cover we’ve ever had.” I’m the one that designed it, so of course I’m getting a little upset about this. I was very polite to them, but was fuming when I left.

A little while later our boss comes through and they started in with him. The cover is awful, we should have done something better, it’s the worst cover yet, blah, blah, blah. My boss looked at the one leading the charge and said, “If you think you can do better, design one yourself and give it to them” and turned and walked away.

As Hubby and his WoW buddies would say, PWNED


And the utterly crappy cover:

No comments: