2/15/07

Can I do this?

Is it ok to blog multiple times a day? I'm not sure. Most of the ones I read don't, but I guess since it's mine I can do whatever the heck I want with it. And today I want to post twice. Why? Because I'm bored at work, feel like crap, and need something to occupy my time.

Last night it was so hard to come up with a name for this blog. I wanted something different that described me, but it was so hard to figure out what "me" was. I figured out that I'm a nice little hodge-podge of stuff. My new iPod has everything from Norah Jones to Linkin Park to Three Dog Night on it. I usually wear jeans and tshirts to work, but like to spice it up with red heels every so often. I love talking on the phone and being online, but am perfectly content to sit for hours and get lost in a good book. So what really describes me? I'm not sure, and I think I like it like that.

In high school I always wanted to fit in, and have people like me, and was easily defined. Then as I got older, I started to realize that it's ok to not be confined by a "label." But after so many years of trying to define myself and make myself fit into this nice little mold of what I was supposed to be, it's hard to break away from that. And for once in my life I'm finally starting to figure out who I am and what I like. A few years ago I would have never decorated my living room in black, red and lime green - because OMG! What would people think of me??? I wouldn't have had Nirvana right after Ludacris, right after Alicia Keys on the iPod because someone might see it and wonder what kind of person I was. And I have to say, the stuff I designed sucked because I wanted to make sure everyone liked it and it couldn't be taken the wrong way by anyone. And because of that there was no creativity. Now I'm started to be less concerned with what others think, and more concerned with what I think. And I know everything around me is better because of it. My house is now becoming a reflection of me, I'm more comfortable with myself, and my design work is getting better, if I do say so myself!

Case in point: A project I did for a friend of mine. I can promise it wouldn't have looked anything like this 3 years ago.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
©2006 ML Designs

No comments: