2/23/07

What the hell was he thinking?

Yesterday morning I woke up with a killer sinus headache, and made the mistake of asking my dad for some medicine. I meant some sinus stuff and maybe an advil or two. He gave me a handful of pills to take, and like a dummy I took them then asked what it was. 3 extra-strength tylenol and half a percocet!! I'm allergic to darvocet and codine, and by yesterday afternoon my stomach was cramping and I was throwing up everytime I moved. I was so scared that I had some freaky bug and wouldn't get to meet Anna, Karin and Alison today, but I woke up feeling fine this morning, and the more I thought about it, I figured it was probably the percocet. I couldn't believe it, and now looking back it's a miracle I didn't have to go to the hospital. Who the hell gives their child 3 extra strength tylenol and half a percocet for a sinus headache???

In other news, we're having fun in Atlanta. Wee One and I met with some friends I know online this morning, and Wee One, Hubby, my step-mom and I all went to the Aquarium this afternoon. Wee One LOVED the jellyfish and the penguins. We even bought her a stuffed jellyfish (which is actually pretty cute)that she slept with on the way home. I'm really glad the trip (other than the percocet incident)has gone so well!

No comments: