6/10/10

18 Weeks - We have a Bell Pepper!

18 Weeks

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

I’ve noticed that during the last week or so, all I want to do is eat. I’ve tried to stay at least semi healthy (lots of bananas, watermelon and even peanut butter toast - even though peanut butter gives me indigestion), but I feel like I’m starving all the time! I have a feeling I will have gained a lot more than 2 lbs next time I go in to the doctor. I’m also really congested, and feel kinda sick from the drainage. Summer colds suck anyway, but not being able to take much for it is just making it worse.

I have Cadence’s closet finished, and tonight I plan on getting her room back in order. Of course, most of the stuff that was in her closet is now either in the hallway or in my room - I guess they’re next on the list to clean. We got the crib out, though, and part of me is eager to put it up. I know I still have 5 months to go, but I really can’t wait to have everything here and in order! We have a few things we’ll have to travel to get (carseat in Houston and a swing in Memphis), but everythings seems to be coming together. I still have to find a dresser for the baby, and I need a rocking chair. After that, I think we’ll have all the big stuff covered!

____________________
Things I’m thankful for:
1) 18 weeks down!
2) Lots of movements
3) Still not throwing up, even with the sinus crud
4) Cadence’s closet looks great
5) A free week to get housework finished

No comments: