6/17/10

19 Weeks - We have a large Heirloom Tomato!

19 Weeks

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

I feel like I’ve done nothing but eat for the last 2 or 3 weeks, and I’m constantly hungry. I’ve tried to keep healthy things - like fruit - around to much on, but I’m not sure it’s helping. I have a feeling I will have gained about 45 lbs at my next appointment.

Speaking of which, it’s only a week and a half away!!! I’m getting excited about the ultrasound, and Cadence is super excited that she’ll get to see the baby. She’s already kissing and talking to my belly, so I’m excited to see how that changes once she actually sees the baby that is in there. Terry also said that she’s been excellent with all the babies there, and has been acting like a little Mommy to all of them.

I’m still having the hip pain all the time, and getting up a zillion times at night to go to the bathroom. We have a 4 hour drive ahead of us this weekend, and I’m curious to see how long I can go between bathroom breaks. In July I’m heading to Houston to see my cousin, and that will be 7 hours. It will probably take me closer to 8 with all the potty stops I’ll have to make!!

I broke down and bought a swimsuit the other day, and I’ve also set up a Target registry. I’m not expecting showers, but I keep finding all this cool stuff that I want but don’t have the money for yet. I told Mike, at least if it’s there, I can remember the stuff I wanted. Most of it is little things - onsies, diaper carriers, bath stuff - because we’ve been so fortunate to have been given so much of the big stuff. I’m so thankful for family with kids around the same age who don’t mind sharing!

Not much else is going on, so I’ll end with a picture of me taken today. This dress had a ton of room in it at Easter when I bought it, but that room is quickly disappearing. Here I am at 19 weeks exactly.

Photobucket

__________________________
Things I’m thankful for:
1) A boring pregnancy
2) Free stuff!
3) Cutsie baby things
4) A swimsuit I actually like
5) Not being sick

1 comment:

Kahla said...

Ha, boring is good! Why can't you do a shower, every baby should be celebrated!!!

Don't worry, I'm worth the 8 hour trip to come see! And if I'm not then the goodies you're coming to get are! Did you get a jumperoo (a.k.a. pooper-roo) yet? We have two between ours and Nana's so don't buy one. I have an exersaucer too and by the time you need it, Emery will have outgrown it. Girl, I can totally hook you up! Ha! If you hadn't gotten a swing, I would have sent ours. You could always sell the one you have and use this one (it works, so no dishing out money on a motor). Emery wants nothing to do with it!