2/19/10

An update

I know that I haven’t posted in a few days, and I have a ton of cute pictures to put up of Valentine’s Day and the snow last Friday. However, those will have to wait until later this weekend when I have a chance to sit and upload things. Sorry, and I”ll get them up soon!

We do have a slight update on my grandfather. I can’t remember what all I’ve posted on here, so I’ll tell all we know up to this point. A week ago Tuesday, he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. This past Tuesday, they went in for surgery, and were hoping to remove the cancer. However, they also found it on his gallbladder and liver. I was told that they removed what they could (I have no idea what all that includes, but would guess gallbladder and maybe some on the pancreas), but the rest was inoperable and incurable. He was in ICU until yesterday, and is currently in a private room and will be there until probably early/mid next week. At this point, we have no idea about treatments, longevity, or anything else, but I’ve heard “chemo” thrown around, along with an idea that he might be able to have treatments a lot closer to home. I also heard last night that as soon as he’s able/wants to, there is a job waiting for him at the school (which is definitely a blessing.)

I’m hoping to hear something soon, and prayers are still appreciated. This is going to be long and hard on all of us, but especially him and my grandmother.

____________________________
Things I’m thankful for:
1) My grandparents
2) Wonderful nurses
3) Caring doctors
4) My family
5) All the prayers that I know have been said for him

No comments: