5/27/10

Book 2/25: A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

I have 3 books I’ve finished and not posted about, so over the weekend I hope to get all three up.

First up is A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess, and I’ll say, it was better than I thought it would be when I started. The only thing that threw me (and almost made me put the book down in frustration) is that he uses a lot of made up, teen slang throughout the book, and in the beginning it was hard to get into the story because of it. Once I got a little farther into it, however, I started recognizing the words, and it the story was good. Well, about as good as a story about a kid who’s in a gang, gets arrested and goes through brainwashing can be. The copy I had said something on the cover about having the original ending in it, and I loved the way it ended.

It’s not a happy book, or a light, fun, summer read, but was good nonetheless. But, I will say, after reading The Stand and this one back to back, I had to take a break for awhile! I’m glad I picked it off of my “classics” list, and enjoyed it a lot. I give it 4 books.

Photobucket

Next, The Tommyknockers by Stephen King.

No comments: