5/4/10

The drama, it starts early...

Cadence has a crush on this boy named Ethan that is in her class. I have to give it to her, he’s quite the cutie, and he’s very, very polite. He is blond, has kinda shaggy hair, and this “cool kid” vibe to him at 6. If she’s going to have a crush, he would be the one to pick!

Anyway, she is in love with Ethan, but will deny it anytime you ask. However, she has been talking about him a lot these past few weeks, and will giggle every time she says his name. She is right in the middle of the biggest crush of her little 5-year-old life.

So, that brings us to today. When we were going to the car to take her to the babysitters, she told me that she had picked Ethan some flowers, and was so excited because he took them and told her thank you! She was grinning from ear to ear, and I was good naturedly kidding her about liking him. She then told me (while still grinning and kinda staring into space) that after he took them, he gave them to a little girl in their class named Claire.

That’s right. He took the flowers that Cadence gave to him, and gave them to another girl. Cadence wasn’t upset about it at all, and when I asked why he did that, she goes, “Because Ethan is Claire’s boyfriend!!” So yeah, at 5 my daughter is caught in the middle of a love triangle. And over a boy the teacher says is totally oblivious to all the attention that he’s getting from the girls!

________________________
Things I’m thankful for:
1) Kindergarten crushes
2) Spring flowers
3) The weather getting warmer
4) Sinus medicine that’s safe for pregnant women
5) Naps (which I wish I could have right now)

1 comment:

Kahla said...

Ha, that is funny. Keep that one for when she's older!