5/27/10

Book 3/25: The Tommyknockers by Stephen King

After  A Clockwork Orange I took a break, but eventually picked up The Tommyknockers - another book Mike got me for Christmas. One thing I’m starting to love about Stephen King is that he takes his dear, sweet time telling a story. This one was more supernatural than scary, and I enjoyed it more than The Stand. There weren’t as many characters in this one (well, it was close, but the story flowed better this time), and he’s great about doling out little bits of info at a time - just enough to keep you wondering *exactly* what is going on. The subject matter was a little ridiculous (and he pokes fun at himself about this in one part of the book), but he did a great job of making it seem plausible.

This one is long, too, but I was able to get into this story a lot easier than The Stand (only other SK book I’ve read.) I’m not sure if it’s because I knew what to expect a little more, or if I just flat out enjoyed the story more. I’m now on the hunt for a few more of his books, and I give this one 4 books.

Photobucket

Next, The Help by Kathryn Stockett.

No comments: