6/8/09

Recent Movies

Mike and I have watched some pretty cheesy (whether intentional or not) movies in the last few weeks, and some have definitely been better than others. The first one was about two weeks ago, and was Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus with Debbie Gibson in it. As the name suggests, it was about a mega shark fighting a giant octopus, and it was awful. And not even “so bad it’s good.” It was just horrible.

This weekend we watched Lost Treasure of the Grand Canyon with Shannon Doherty and Twilight. Lost Treasure is a Starz original, and it wasn’t half bad. More “Lifetime Movie” than “Blockbuster Hit” but still decent. And Twilight was, well, Twilight. I know I have a lot of friends that love this movie and the books, and please, none of you get mad at me, but I just don’t see it. Mike and I laughed all the way through it, and he commented that Bram Stoker is probably rolling over in his grave right now. I have read the first two books, and will admit that the book was much better than the movie. But neither Mike or myself enjoyed it all that much. Well, except the glitter scene. We both enjoyed that.

The next two movies on our list to watch are Sharks in Venice with Stephen Baldwin (which I'm fully expecting to fall into the "so bad it's awful" category) and Tokyo Zombie (which looks like it might actually be half entertaining). I can’t wait!

P.S. For those that have asked, yes, every one of these was found at my local Hollywood Video. And yes, I'm just as shocked as you are! ;)

No comments: